Regarding the Technical Regulations if the Custom Union, all certifications obtained before the new legislative changes took place this year will only.. More>
TR CU Certificate
STARTING FEBRUARY 15TH, THE TR CERTIFICATES OF CONFORMITY ARE NO LONGER BEING ISSUED. THEY ARE BEING REPLACED BY THE NEW CU TR CERTIFICATES OR DECLARATIONS OF CONFORMITY.
TR CU serves to prove compliance with the basic standards of safety and quality concerning the design, production and the deployment the products, machinery and equipment. A valid CU TR is required for custom clearance and legal distribution for all products entering the Customs Union commercial space.
The new Technical Regulation for the Customs Union (TR CU) that presently includes Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan came into effect on 15 February 2013. Effective of March 15th,the following technical regulations have been adopted for the listed product groups:
- TR CU "On the safety of low voltage equipment", adopted by the Commission Decision of the Customs Union of 16.08.2011 № 768;
- TR CU "On the safety of machinery and equipment," adopted by the Commission Decision of the Customs Union of 18.10.2011 № 823;
- TR CU "Safety of lifts", adopted by the Decision of the Commission of the Customs Union of 18.10.2011 № 824;
- TR CU "On the safety equipment for working in hazardous environments," adopted by the Commission Decision of the Customs Union of 18.10.2011 № 825;
- TR CU "On security devices, operating on gaseous fuels," adopted by the Commission Decision of the Customs Union of 09.12.2011 № 875;
- TR CU "Electromagnetic compatibility of technical equipment," adopted by the Commission Decision of the Customs Union of 09.12.2011 № 879.
Unlike GOST-R or GOST TR certificates, the new GOST TR CU is issued only in the name of legal entities registered in the territory of the Customs Union. The GOST TR CU is not issued in the name of the product manufacturer. The applicant must have a valid contract that clearly specifies the arrangement and fulfillment of warranty obligations for the products involved in the certification scope.
- requires a valid contract with a business entity registered in any of the CU countries;
- does not require a branch or an agent/distributor representing the manufacturer.
5-Year term for serial production:
- requires a branch or an agent/distributor representing the manufacturer. In this case, the certificate or declaration GOST TR CU extends to all country-members of the customs union.